Winter Swim 2018-2019
Click here for all the information for Truro's 2018-2019 Winter Swim Program.
Congratulations to Jack Walrath for setting the Truro Swordfish team record in the 11-12 boys 50 meter freestyle event on Monday July 2nd. His time of 29.35 broke the nine year old record held by Patrick Swanton - former Swordfish assistant coach and younger brother of Coach Mary. Great job Jack!
New for 2018 - RainedOut Text Message App
Please subscribe to our new RainedOut if you would like to receive texts for weather updates for swim team practice and meet delays, cancellations, and other last minute changes and/or reminders.
Registration for the 2018 season is now OPEN!
Please click on the green 'Register now' button on the right to start the registration process for the 2018 season! Returning families should see their 2017 information automatically filled in for 2018 after logging in and can simply adjust as needed.
Registration forms must be completed online on this Swimtopia website and registration fees must be paid via check and delivered to the swim-team reps before the swimmer may practice with the team. No paper registration forms will be accepted.
All members of the swim team must also be members in good standing of the Truro Community Center/Pool (TCC). This is a requirement of the NVSL. Pool memberships will be verified with the Pool Board before the swimmer is allowed to practice with the team.
This will be a three part process for new families:
- Register your family for swim team by clicking the green "Register Now!" button and following the directions on the Registration form. Enter all members of your family, including your spouse or any other parent/guardian/grandparent that you'd like to have access to swim team information, at the same time.
- Create a Swimtopia account for yourself. Once you have filled out the Registration form, you and your spouse (or any other parent/guardian/grandparent for whom you've entered an email account at registration) will each receive an invitation via email to create separate Swimtopia accounts which will be linked to your family.
- Send in payment to complete your registration! To keep our expenses low we are not accepting credit cards as form of payment for the 2018 season. We are only accepting checks. Please see the registration form for more details.
2018 Registration Fees
The cost will be the same as is was the past couple of seasons: $120 for the first swimmer, $100 for the second swimmer, $80 for the third, and $40 for each additional swimmer. Mini-Swordfish are $95 for each and do not count towards the sibling discounts. The Mini Swordfish program is designed for children who are 4 to 8 year olds and working toward being on the swim team. Visit the Mini Swordfish section of our website to see if your young swimmer is ready for the Mini Swordfish program!
If for some reason your swimmer decides not to continue on the swim team, refunds (minus $15 administrative fee per family) will be made according to the following schedule:
- Prior to June 4 = 100%
- June 5 - June 22 (before 1st A Meet) = 50% **(Mini Swordfish and medical exemptions will be refunded 100%)
- After June 23 = 0% No refunds after this date **(Mini Swordfish and medical exemptions will be refunded 100%)
- After June 25 = No refunds for Mini Swordfish or medical exemptions
Welcome to the Truro Swim Team website!
We are excited to offer this website with tools for parents and volunteers. Please cruise around and check out the site!
- Online registration: When you register online we will automatically collect your email and contact information for the season.
- Parent Volunteers: Sign up to volunteer for events throughout the season.
- A Meet Availability: Let us know each week if you will be available for the meet. (Coaches determine who will swim in A meets based upon times and declared availability.)
- B Meet Sign up: Select your Monday night meet events!
- Social Events: RSVP and sign up to help for the fun social events!
- Account: With your account you will be able to track your swimmers' entries and results throughout the season and all past and future seasons.
Check out the How to Guide for Parents that will help you navigate through this Swim Topia site.